Image provided by: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries, Lincoln, NE
About The McCook tribune. (McCook, Neb.) 1886-1936 | View Entire Issue (Oct. 3, 1890)
' ! ' ?
VOLUME IX. , MeCOOK , RED WILLOW COUNTY , NEBRASKA , FRIDAY EVENING , OCTOBER 3 , 189O. NUMBER 19.
OUR NEW STOCK
? . "
fi. * [ * * '
Is now ready for
yoiir inspection. In
every Department it
is large and complete ,
- and Prices are Cut to
f ' meet the demands of
& . ' -
* * *
the present season.
f Everything- Marked
l\ \ in Plain Figures , and
Sold at Strictly One Priee.
JONAS ENGEL , Mgr.
. Oct. 3d , 1890. McCOOKNEB.
Is not of asmuch importance to the people
of McCook as is the fact that we are prepar
ed to save them Dollars on Merchandise.
t No matter how low other merchants SAY
xf they will sell , we have the goods and prices
which will prove to any qualified judge that
we can out-sell them every time Money
Talks ! Your money and our goods make a
lu addition to our excellent goods andlow
prices , we offer some special inducements
ill All Wool Dress Goods , just receivedFlan
nels , Cotton Flannels , German Knitting
Yarus , Saxony , Hosiery ? and everything in
Dry Goods , Clothing , Boots and Shoes , Hats
y aud Caps , Gloves and Mittens away below
the usual price. We are here to stay and
will save you 2O to 30 per cent , on all Mils
us.H. . LAWLHR.
LIST OF LAHD PATENTS.
Government land patents as follows nro at
the McCook land office and may'bo sccurec
upon surrender of receiver's receipt properly
4003 Armstrong P. D. 4046 Leonard M. P.
4525 Aldrich Solon M. 5119 Lindsey Frank
45tt ! Anderson Cine 6864 Lonirham Annie.
4538 Able George W. 4778 Light Allen ,
4301 Ackerman Rob't. 4698 Lucas John N.
4221 Admire Clias. A. 4668 Lair John N.
4210 Abbott George N 4619 Lynn Elizabeth.
3900 Anderson Chris. 4606 Leonard Jesse D.
3885 Anderson Jens.C. 4514 Lewis Meliuuiblu.
3835 A very Walter 4492 Larnod Wm. N.
3810 Allen Thomas 4448 Liddell James F.
35fiO Adams Carrie 3C96 Lonjrwood H. E.
2108 Adams Walter 3840 Lyon Stephen B.
3808 Leber Fredrick.
4CCO Bird Elizabeth E.
4620 HroozeJoseph. 4698 Moore Charles B.
4564 liurnes James. 4686Mioue ! George C.
4558 HrittlesElizabeth. 463 ! ) Murphy James H.
549 UurchUeld Ed. H. 4637 Merrill Mary A.
4522 Iteardsley It. D. 4638 MeConan S. .
1511 Hostwick Daniel F 4418 Moraritv. Nora
50 ! ) Dostwick William. 43C4 Mnstoo ThomusW
; 40t Hurrett Samuel. 4SJ8McManus.lohn
478 Babst Davis. 4203 Myers George S.
45 Htiiley Elmer E. 42SO Mowinng Josh. B.
44 ! ) Blckinan Jon. C. 4244 Mills Henry B.
431 Bnzick Win. 51. 22l ! Marsh Stephen D.
You have heard your friends and neighbors
talking about it. You may yourself be one
of the many who know from personal exper
ience just how good a thing it is. If you have
ever tried it , you are one of its staunch
friends , because the wonderful thing about it
is , that when once given a trial , IJr. King's
New Discovery ever after holds a place in the
jouse. If you have never used it and should
be afflicted with a cough , cold or any throat ,
ungor chest trouble , secure a bottle at once
and give it a fair trial. It is guaranteed every
tlmo or money reiunded. Trial bottles free at
A. McMillan's Drug Store. IWts.
"Life is real , life is earnest ,
And the grave is not its goal.
Every candidate is thinking
How the votes are'going to poll. "
DISTRICT COURT PROCEEDIHGS.
CONTINUED FOH SERVICE.
621. W. A. Chase vs. II.v. . Smith.
065. C. , n. Q. It. R. vs. school district 17.
690. C. , B. & Q. 11. R. vs. City of McCook.
7C3. J. Doyle etal vs. The Uiirtley Canal Co.
765. Jacob steinmetz vs. J. A. Brewer et al.
707. Thos. B. McPherson vs. Geo. Leland.
808. Neb. L. &Trus'Co. vs.-L. D. Hall et al.
8KJ. E. O. Oibbs vs. Henry Ballerich.
884. Lincoln L. Co. vs. Great W. W. Factory.
886. F. & H. L. Co. vs. F. A. Thompson et al.
889. Guar. Loan & T. Co. vs. N. O. Wlckwire.
898. Neb. Mtg. Co. vs.D.E.Eikenborryctal.
000. L. F. Taylor et cons. vs. Sarah j. Ward.
902. German Ins. Co. vs. Bertha Meyer.
904. Geo. W. Foster vs. aas. Doyle , overseer.
831. Frona W. Colvin vs. J. T. Colvin.
832. Mary A. Thomas vs. Allen Bailley.
834. Burnham Tulleys & Co. vs. aeo. E.
835. Same vs. Samuel M. Parkes.
837. Same vs. Appleton R. Davis.
850. Sixth National Bank of Philadelphia
vs. Caleb Clothier.
851. Nebraska Loan & Trust Co. vs. Chas.
863. T. J. Benjamin vs. John Paxtou et al.
864. B. B. Duckworth , administrator , vs. C.
490. P. Pryor vs. W. C. Shockley.
779. Western Loan & Trust Co. vs. Jas
841. St. Joseph Loan & Trust Co. YS. Ed
mund wyckoU .
917. Win. Duborko vs. Amelia Duborko.
DISMISSED AT PLAINTIFF'S COSTS.
870. j. M. johnson vs. Samuel Pollock.
671. Lydia F. Taylor vs. Parlin , Orindorfl &
782. Thos. jackson vs. 11. B. Archibald.
840. J. S. Roberson vs. John P. Reiter.
890. Western L. & M't'gCo. vs C. 0. Cramer ,
891. Same vs. same.
892. Same vs. same.
719. J. A. Curlee & Co. vs. Bartley Canal Co
694. Phoebe E. Boyd vs. Aaron Dutcher ,
704. Mary E. Bliss vs. E. L. Cox , am't 8639.22 ,
913. j. j. Douglas Co. vs. Chas. E. Boyd
906. Lansing Wagon Works vs. E. L. jones
907. S. P. Baker vs. C. M. Goben.
909. J. M. Barber vs. E. J. Allington
840. St. Joseph Loan & Trust Co. vs. john
Reddy , amount $109.54.
918. F. Westcimer & Son vs. Chas. E. Boyd
919. W. A. McCool vs. Red Willov ; county
amount $40.00 ,
83C. Burnhain Tulleys & Co. vs. Lemon M
Cross , amount $152.05.
857. Geo. Hocknell vs. Wm. H. Brown
865. C. C. Burr vs. john Hannan , amouu
866. C. C. Burr ys. Timothy Hannan
amount * 552.9S. .
Western Loan & Trust Co. vs. Austin Dutch
er , amount $65.
874. The Frees & Hockne.ll Lumber Co. vs
David Bryan , amount § 297.4p.
804. C. Nash vs. W. T. Hamilton , am't $449.7 , :
819. Nebraska Loan & Trust Co. vs. Alice
DoU , amount 546.
817. Same vs. F. j. Qushong , amount $46.
818. Same vs. A. j. Schmidt et al , am't $206 ,
' 819. Same vs. j. A. Barton et al , am't $288.
875. C. D. Cornwell vs.W.R.Kirk , am't$489.5 (
877. T. Louergau vs. C.A.Clark , am't $302.75
878. W. V. & j. W. Vickery vs. Prtience
Peck et al , amount $2,257.29.
879. McCook Co-operative Building & Sav
ings Asso'tion vs. A. Probst et al , am't $331.75
881. Iowa Mtg. Co. vs. J. N.Smith , am't $31.60
885. C. G. Berth vs. j. T. Bullard , amouni
887. Geo. Hocknell vs. Jennie Welborn
888. Anglo-American Mortgage Co. vs. Wm
T. Johnson $148.35.
CONFIRMATION OF SALES.
682. L. M. Beatly vs. john L. Sollers.
488. Iowa Barb Steel Wire Co. vs. j. S
Phillips , deficiency judgment $738.63.
642. L. Butler vs. C. H. Smith , j udgment for
defendant , $504.17.
660. H. E. Bluna vs.D. , Fry.
731. Western L. & M't'g. Co. vs. H. Small.
640 j. w. Dawes et al vs. Saml. A. Shaffer
judgment for defendant $31.60.
837. Burnham Tulleys & Co. vs. A. R. Davis
817. Bank of Indianola vs. w. N. Miliikin
filed Sept. 27th , 1890 , petition of attachment.
921. C. P. &A. B. Dewey vs. Chas. V
Anderson , filed Sept , 30 , 1890 , petition in
922. Same vs. W. M. Nutt , filed Sep t. 30,1890 ,
petition in equity.
923. State vs. E. E. WickAvire , transcript of
judgment filed Oct. 1,1890.
912. State vs. Sam Ritchard , verdict of
920. j. Byron Jennings vs. C. D. Cramer ,
Judgment as prayed.
McCormick Harvesting Machine Co. va
john Fitzgibbons , Oct. 2 , 1890 , transcript of
judgment filed , rendered March 13,1890 , from
Justice court of S. H. Colvin.
j. L. Roberson vs. 1ohn P. Reiter , amount
$640 , judgment for defendant.
The First Step.
Perhaps you are run down , can't eat , can't
sleep , can't think , can't do anything to your
satisfaction , and you wonder what ails you.
You should heed the warning , you are taking
the first step into nervous prostration. You
need a nerve tonic and in Electric Bitters you
will find the exact remedy for restoring your
nervous system to its normal , healthy condi
tion. Surprising results follow the use of
this great nerve tonic and alternative. Your
appetite returns , good digestion is restored ,
and the liver and kidneys resume healthy
action. Try a bottle. Price 50 cents at A. Mc-
fiiillen's drug store. 16-4ts.
"In the gloaming , Oh. my darling ,
I must go down town , he said ;
For if we don't advertise , dear ,
We nfight just as well be dead. "
Don't go to bed suffering from sick head
ache , billiousness or constipation when Humf
phreys * Specific No. 10 affords a mild , natural
ind permanent cure.
J. ALBERT WELLS ,
DRESS MAKING A SPECIALTY.
MY DISPLAY OF
NEW FALL GOODS
is now in progress , and I have on exhibition
a stock of NEW , ORIGINAL and AR
TISTIC STYLES and NOVELTIES in
DRY GOODS that in every way surpasses
anything ever shown in this city.
I am showing some beautiful things in
FANCY WOOLEN ROBES at very
moderate prices. PLAIDS My line
\Voolen Plaids for fall and winter
wear I can confidently say that I have
never shown so many elegant styles as
I am doing this season.
JL T B T" i JL
I am showing very choice styles in Ladies'
and Cnildren's Early Fall Hats , Toques ,
Bonnets and Large Hats. CLOAKS
Advance styles for early fall now ready.
Jackets , Wraps and Shoulder Capes.
Gents' Furnishing Goods
A large and varied assortment of JJeckwear , Hosiery ,
and Underwear. CA RfPETS , etc. = = An exception * *
ally choice collection of the latest productions in Car =
pets , Rugs and Curtains.
The assortments are complete in all lines , and I invite-
ATTENTION , FARMERS !
We are closing out our entire stock of
FARM IMPLEMENTS AT COST. Right
low is the time to secure rare bargains.
Call and be amazed at our prices. They
nust be SOLD AT ONCE.
, , : HALL , COG H RAN & GO.
Powered by Open ONI