Image provided by: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries, Lincoln, NE
About The Hesperian / (Lincoln, Neb.) 1885-1899 | View Entire Issue (Dec. 10, 1894)
W. H, Hayward made the trip to Butte,
Mont., and Minneapolis with the Omaha Y.
M. C. A. team. The Butte team was beaten
so badly that all the other teams they were
scheduled to play backed out. Willy reports
a fine time.
"Carry this girl back to Blankville," was
the inscription worn by one of our home
returning college maidens, who, dreaming
of historical documents, was carried on past
the station where he friends awaited her, into
the next count.
A cloak is indispensible to a lady's ward
robe; if you want the practical, everyday
cloak or the dressy astrichans or Buncle see
the stock where the prices are nominal,
styles and weights are right, and fit is perfect,
at Herpolsheimer & Co.
Mrs. Joseph Granger, formerly Fannie
Woods, '96 has been for three weeks ill in
Washington. Mr. and Mrs. Granger were on
their way to England, to visit the parents of
Mr. Granger. It is thought that she will
soon be able to return home.
S. F. Westerfield the reliable friend of the
students has moved his barber 'shop from
the basement of the Burr block to 117 North
Thirteenth street where he will be pleased to
see his old student patrons. Don't forget the
new location 117 North Thirteenth street.
The spectators declare that they would
rather have missed a recitation in Junior
Themes or Hygiene than seeing Welden chase
"Doc" Everett into a blind ally the morning
after "the scrap," just because the latter was
exercising with Forsythe's cane.
The Encyclopedic Dictionary American
ized contains 130,000 more Words than
Worchester, 110,000 more words ttian Web
ster and 25,000 more words thas the Century
Dictionary. 4 volumes cloth, price $8.00 at
Book Dept. Herpolsheimer & Co.
Prof. Taylor created quite a gensation in
our midst Friday by reading extracts from a
letter from the Chancellor, which stated
that examinations would be held December
20 and 21, and those found wanting be drop
ped from the University roll. This looks a
little serious for "specials."
The Delian feed, giyen the Tuesday before
Thanksgiving was a glorious success. There
were some fifty present. The refreshments
and the scarlet and cream souvenirs were, to
use a slang expression, "out of sight." They
all went home bright and early in the morn
ing. F. F. Tucher was home for Thanksgiving
from Nebraska City, where he is teaching.
His family gave a pleasant entertainment in
his honor at their home on Seventeenth and
M streets last Saturday evening. Only a
select circle of friends were present and all'
report a most enjoyable evening.
Dr. Lee W. Edwards a former University
boy i3 located in rooms 90 and 91 Burr Block,
Conservatory of Mu )c
The first term of the new school of music
connected with the University closed Nov.
26th. and in regard to the attendance, the
interest manifested and rapid plans for the
future, the first term's work has been very
gratifying to all concerned. The second
term, now beginning, opens iwith increased
attendance, and with its large and commo
dious building is prepared to do more for the
student of music than last term in furnishing
new instruments for practise, light and airy
rooms for instruction and it accommodates
about 50 for board ana living rooms. Every
loyal student in the University will go home
to his Christmas vacation wishing for this
new department the greatest success. Each
one who has a musical friend who desires to
take a course in music should urge her to
come to the Lincoln University Conservatory
where, as in all other departments, the ad
vantages are unexcelled. Mr. Sieverking,
the head of the piano department' has a nat"
ional reputation as pianoist and teacher arid,
all other branches arepresided over by teach
ers of acknowledged ability.
L. P. Davis D. D. S., dental office overC.
R. I. & P. office, southwest corner irth and
streets. Aridge and crown wo.k a specialty.
S. F. Westerfield, the students old time
barber, established for fourteen years, has
just located in new and commodious. -head-
quarters at 117 North Thirteenth street.
Powered by Open ONI