Image provided by: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries, Lincoln, NE
About The daily Nebraskan. ([Lincoln, Neb.) 1901-current | View Entire Issue (Dec. 12, 1986)
Friday, December 12, 1986
May the joy
of the .
See next year's
for Duffy's daily specials!!
1412 "0" St. Drive Safely "Join the Tradition"
1 1 Personal
Now you can
r f j v-jiv' get a real
if .aSgy-.jgJ IBM PC a
r i minirn"Tflr
Nebraska Union Lower Level
The following are Billboard's
hot record hits as they appear in
next weeks' issue of Billboard
1. "Walk Like an Egyptian," Bangles
2. "The Way It Is," Bruce Hornsby &
The Range (RCA)
3. "Everybody Have Fun Tonight,"
Wang Chung (Geffen)
4. "Notorious," Duran, Duran (Cap
5. "Shake You Down," Gregory
6. "To Be a Lover," Billy Idol
7. "Hip to be Square," Huey Lewis &
The News (Chrysalis)
8. "C'Est La Vie," Robbie Nevil
9. "Stand By Me," Ben E. King
10. "The Next Time I Fall," Peter
Cetera with Amy Grant (Warner
1. "Bruce Springsteen & The E Street
Band Live 1975-1985," Bruce
2. "Slippery When Wet," Bon Jovi
(Mercury) Platinum (More
than 1 million units sold.)
3. "Third Stage," Boston (MCA)
4. "The Way It Is," Bruce Hornsby &
The Range (RCA) Gold (More
than 500,000 units sold)
5. "Fore!" Huey Lewis & The News
6. "Graceland," Paul Simon (Warner
7. "Every Breath You Take The
Singles," The Police (A&M)
8. "Word Up," Cameo (Atlanta)
9. "Whiplash Smile," Billy Idol
10. True Blue," Madonna (Sire)
1. "Too Much Is Not Enough,"
Bellamy Bros, with the Forester
2. "Mind Your Own Business," Hank
Williams Jr. (Warner-Curb)
3. "Give Me Wings," Michael John
4. "Love's Gonna Get You Someday,"
Ricky Skaggs (Epic)
5. "What Am I Gonna Do About You,"
Reba McEntire (MCA)
6. "Cry Myself To Sleep," The Judds
7. "Then It's Love," Don Williams
8. 'Tallin' For You For Years,"
Conway Twitty (Warner Bros.)
9. "Half Past Forever," T.G. Shep
10. "Walk the Way the Wind Blows,"
Kathy Mattea (Mercury)
1. "Indiana Jones and the Temple of
2. "Sleeping Beauty," (Disney)
3. "White Christmas," (Paramount)
4. "Jane Fonda's Low Impact Aerobic
5. "Jane Fonda's New Workout,"
6. "The Sound of Music," (CBS-Fox)
7. "Raiders of the Lost Ark,"
8. "Star Trek 1 1: The Wrath of Khan,"
9. "Witness," (Paramount)
10. "Star Trek: The Motion Picture,"
1. "Indiana Jones and the Temple of
2. "Cobra," (Warner)
3. "Raw Deal," (HBO-Cannon)
4. "Down and Out in Beverly Hills,"
5. "Short Circuit," (CBS-Fox)
6. "The Money Pit," (MCA)
7. "Poltergeist II: The Other Side,"
8. "Police Academy 3: Back in
9. "Pretty in Pink," (Paramount)
10. "Spacecamp," (Vestron)
State of the Arts
At the University Lutheran
C.R.A.M. stands for Christian Rock
and More. Fans of Christian rock
can dance the night away Saturday
from 8 to 1 1 p.m. at the University
Lutheran Chapel Rec room. Spon
sors are promising the best in Con
temporary Christian rock. I don't
know what the "More" stands for,
but it's bound to be wacky. The
dance is free.
The Lincoln Community Concert
band will play a Christmas concert
Monday at 7 p.m. The show will
include Tchaikowsky's Nutcracker
Suite, some Christmas carols and a
visit by old Saint Nick himself.
. Rock'n'roll fans shouldn't miss
"Rock'n'Roll: The Early Days," a
compilation of rare film footage of
rock's early pioneers. Included in
the documentary will be Chuck, Bo,
Fats, Elvis and certainly Buddy. It
shows at 10:50 p.m. Saturday on
NETV, channel 12.
CIBA HAS SPACE FOIE QUA
The College of Business Administration and the Office
of Registration and Records are working together to
insure only qualified students are admitted to CBA
classes. By the first day of class, we will have checked
every grade point average and every student's record
against the enrollment policy guidelines of the College.
Some students, without prerequisites, have already been
dropped to make room for qualified students.
If you did not get into a business course required for
your degree and you satisfy the course prerequisite(s)
and other requirements for enrollment in the course, please
go through dropadd Monday through Friday, December
15-19, 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. in the Nebraska Union
Centennial Room. Be prepared to verify your qualifications.
A list of qualifications for business courses can be obtained
in the CBA Undergraduate Advising Office, CBA 241 or
Powered by Open ONI