Image provided by: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries, Lincoln, NE
About The daily Nebraskan. ([Lincoln, Neb.) 1901-current | View Entire Issue (Aug. 15, 1950)
THE DAILY NEBRASKA
TUESDAY,, AUGUST 15, 1950
CITY CAMPUS -MAP
y ' if nv w . street
a p "ranr iir"
T'- athletic neios .. . 'v. j I I I
gpj ' QTH SIDE "E"Ut
1 7 r 1 V H YIN E STREET
ifaf. ; ya r 1 jl f. L m ; i
I ' S MEMORIAL MALL xIPu t J 0
" STADIUM 'p r:- vj , S " '
1. School of Masie Department of fine arts offices,
2. The Temple University Theater, speech and dra
matic arts, radio section with broadcasting studios, Uni
versity Y.M.C.A., and other religious organization quar
ters. 3. International nouse Dormitory for foreign women
4. Social Sciences Hall Offices of Dean of Graduate
college. Business Administration, offices and classrooms
in the social sciences, history and business administration.
5. Don L. Love Memorial Library.
6. Physical Education Building Intramural sports,
Physical Education Research and Experimental labora
tory, faculty and administrative offices.
7. Ileat and Power PlanL
S. Ellen Smith Hall Dean of Women's offices,
Y.W.C.A., headquarters of women's organizations.
9. Teachers College Offices of Dean of College, Di
rector of Summer Session, Director of Teacher Place
ment, Director of Training School, classrooms and Teach
ers College high schooL
10. Student Union Center of student activities, recre
ation, dining halls, cafeteria, lounge, music, game
and reading rooms, University Alumni association,
11. Andrews Hall College of Dentistry classrooms,
clinic and operating rooms on third floor. On lower
floors classrooms, offices and library quarters' for Eng
lish and classics.
12. Bessey Hall Biological sciences, lecture halls,
classrooms, laboratories and offices of instructors.
IS. Morrill Hall Home of Nebraska's State Museum.
School of Fine Arts classrooms and galleries painting
drawing and sculpture.
14. Bancroft Hall Mechanical engineering. Highway-testing
laboratories offices and classrooms.
15. Coliseum Gymnasium, indoor sports, swimming,
uditorium, Athletic department offices., , , , :
PI la i IN
Key to the Buildings
16. Field house and Stadium Seating capacity 37,000;
indoor practice faculties in various branches of athletics.
In West Stadium: University stores, printing division,
superintendent of buildings and grounds, service depart
ment photographic laboratory, duplicating service, auto
pool, police, landscape architect, and chief custodian.
17. Avery Laboratory Offices, laboratories, lecture
halls, and classrooms for Chemistry department, with
Chemical Engineering annex.
27. Georraphy Bail dins
classrooms and offices.
2S. The Greenhouse.
Department of Geography,
25. Electrical Engineering Laboratories and classrooms.
20. Mechanical Arts Annex
and Soils Mechanics.
18. Mechanical Engineering
Machine-tool and power
1. Brace Laboratory Department of Physics labor
atories, classrooms and offices.' U. S. Weather Bureau
29. University Observatory.
21. Law Collere Offices of the Dean, classrooms, law
22. Architectural Hall Headquarters of University
Extension division on first floor. Department of Arch
itecture on second. Bureau of Audio-Visual instruction,
University Press Sales department. Mailing division in
22. Administration Hall Offices of the Chancellor,
Dean of Faculties, Dean of Student Affairs, University
Business Manager, the Comptroller, Corporation Secre
tary, Registrar and University Examiner, Director of Ad
missions, Director of Purchasing and Procurement, Uni
versity Housing office, and University Employment of
fice. 24. Pharmacy Hall Office of the Dean, laboratories
25. Burnett Hall Offices of the Dean of Arts and
Sciences, classrooms faculty offices. School of Journalism.
Director of Graduate school of Social work, classrooms.
Laboratory of anthropology and journalism laboratories
25. Grant Memorial nail Department of Physical
Education for Women. Offices, classrooms and gymna-
mFk. . w... i
31. Mechanical Arts Hall Offjce of the Dean of Col
lege of Engineering, classrooms and laboratories.
32. Nebraska Hall Division of Conservation and
Survey, classrooms, offices, and laboratories in Civil
32, 24, and 35 Men's Residence Halls.
3. Amanda IL Heppner Hall Women's residence.
37. Kosa Bontoa Eall Cooperative women's residence.
33. Home Management House.
St. Emma Parks Wilson Hall Cooperative Women's
48. Alice Frsot Howard nail Cooperative Women's
4L Terrace Hull Women's residence.
42. Ferguson Hall Electrical Engineering department,
offices, classrooms and laboratories. Offices of dean of
Temporary A Electrical Engineering, Regents Book
C 1st Floor Pharmacy lab., and class
rooms, 2nd floor Architecture. y,
D Student Health, dispensary.
G Engineering Mechanics.
II Engineering Mechanics.
J Fine Arts.
X Teachers College.
L Electrical Engineering
Administration Annex (1125 R Street), not shown,
houses of Department of Public Relations, University of
Nebraska Press and Bureau of Instructional Research,
Powered by Open ONI