Image provided by: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries, Lincoln, NE
About The Alliance-independent. (Lincoln, Nebraska) 1892-1894 | View Entire Issue (June 30, 1892)
A NEW SURGICAL INSTITUTE FOR
THIS CITY AT THE HOTEL IDEAL.
An Institution Which Has Long Been
Nuided in Lincoln A Capable Staff of
Physicians Modern Surgejy in All Its
Dr. Thad II. Woodward, who, since
his residmce in this city, has acquired
an enviable reputation over the state as
a skillful surgeon, has recently asso
ciated himself with a number of o.her
leading physicians and surgeons, and
having leased the Hotel Ideal building
on South Fourteenth street, has opened
up a modern surgical institute. The
medical staff comprises Dr. Thad H.
Woodward, abdominal and intestinal
surgerj ; Dr. H. C. Demaree, general
surgery; Dr. W. M. Knapp, late super
intendent of the Nebraska hospital for
the insane, diseases of the brain and
nervous diseases; Dr. II. B. Lowrey,
diseases of the heart, chest and general
medicine. These are all physicians of
recogtized skill and ability and men
rrhose honoi and integrity have never
Modern surgery in all its branches
wiil be practiced, using rigid asceptic
precautions in every operation. Spe
cial attention will be given to abdominal
and intestinal surgery.
The building is what is known as the
Hotel Ideal, on South Fourteenth street,
a half a block south of O, and is reached
by the street car lines from all parts -of
tho city. It is a modern building, well
furnished throug" out, with steam beat,
water, gas, plumbingand other modern
sanitar; conveniences, and has room
for sixty patients. Trained nurses will
be in attendance and the pttieut can
have all the care and conveniencies
that are guaranteed in the large medical
and surgical institute in the east.
The names of the gentlemen at the
head cf the institute are a, sufficient
guarantee that everything promised will
be done, and that patients can rely on
honest, honerable andskillul treatment
within its walls.
A orrespondenee with the profession
throughout the west is desired, and
physicians who visit Lincoln will be
made welcome by calling at the insti
tute. Hames and Irrigated Farms, Gardens
and Orchards in the Celebrated Bear
River Valle r on the Main Lines ot the
Union Pacitic and Central Pacific R. R.
near Corinne and 'gden, Utah.
Splendid location for business and in
dustries of all kinds in the well kvown
city of Corinne, situated in the middle
of the valley on the Central Pacific R R.
The Unds of the Bear River valley are
now thrown open to setMenient by the
construction of the mammoth system of
irrigation from the Bear lake and river,
jiVc completed by the Bear River Canal
Co., at a cost of $3,002,000. TV com
pany cr 'rols 100,000 acres of thest -V1e
lands and owns many lots ax d busine
lccati - ns in the city ef Corinne, and is
now prepared to sell on easy terns to
settlers and colonies. The climate, soil,
and irrigating facilities are pronounced
unsurpawed By competent judges who
declare the valley to be the Paradise of
the Farmer, Fruit Grower and Stock
Raiser. Nice social surraundings, good
schools and churches at Corinne City,
and Home Markets exist for every kind
of farm and garden produce in the
neighboring cities of Ogden and Salt
Lake, and in the great mining camps.
Lands will be shown from the loeal of
fice of the Company at Corinne. 15tf
The Lincoln Road Grader has
equal for cheaoness and durability.
Call on or address H. J. Walsh,
Cor. 11th & U St., Lincoln, Neb
A good live agent in every county to
put up the Wilson Windmill Regulator.
E. B. Wilson.
Central City, Neb,
The Learner brothers, farmers of
Ord, shipped two hundred head of
hogs to Omaha last week and have 150
head of fat steers about ready for the
market, and still the boys are inde
pendents. Neither prosperity or
calamity seems to drive the farmers
back to the g. o. p.
Lin coin , No bra ska .
&n School in a Jle)j) gocaiioft
Main Building, 205 Feet Front.
TWPTY I N ON-SECTARIAN i BUT
Afefe PEGfAWSTS THOROUGHLY CHRISTIAN
THE LARGEST NORMAL SCHOOL III THE WEST.
FORMERLY LOCATED AT SHENANDOAH, IOWA.
BEAUTIFUL, healthy, sightly location, 20-acre campus, electric street-car
linf, magnificent buildings (main building, dining hall to seat 000, ix-wer
house, water supply system), fine equipments, superior accommodations,
strong faculty, experienced management, comprehensive- curriculum, thorough
work, high moral and Christian influence3, and low expenses for students, mai
th is a Gyeat School.
pepartijieijts ai)d Courses:
Preparatory, Review, Normal, Pedagogic, Special Pedagogic. State Certificate,
Model School, Kindergarten, Scientific, Classic, Literary, Military. Kr
cutioiiiiry. Civi' Hnginoering, Electrical Engineering, Commercial
(inc'uding Banking, Etc.), Pen Art, Public School Penman
ship and Drawing, Designing and Illustrating, Short
hand and Typewriting. Musical (including band
and orchestra), P'ina Art, Telegraphy and
Physical Training (including Didsarte
and Swedish Systems.)
You Can Enter at Any Tire and Find Just Such Classes as You Desire.
A Practical Education Without Waste of Time, Money or Energy, is Our Aim.
YOUR CAR FA RE F 'AID!
In order that all may test the merits of the Western Normal College.
and see our superior advantages in the way of buildings, quipments and faculty,
we have decided to pay the rairoad fare of all students from their homes to
Lincoln, provided thay are present on tho opening diy of the fall term.
WpiTE FOp PAFTTGUUAFS.
FALL TEUM BEGINS SEPT., 1802. Catalogues and Circulars Free. Write to -s.
WM WI CROAN, Pres., or W. J KINSLEY, Sec y and Treas.
WBSTBRN NORMAL COLLEGE,
Powered by Open ONI